Sunday, June 24, 2018

Mom’s House (175/365)

20180624_20180624_141112
TIME: 2:11 PM
PLACE: West end of town
SUBJECT: Mom’s childhood home

This is the house my mother’s maternal grandparents built in 1906.  They lived there all their lives.  My grandmother did too.  My mother grew up in this house and her sister, my aunt Alice lived here until she wasn’t able to be on her own any longer.  It was sold last year.

It needed a ton of work.  Whoever first bought it sold it to another party who rehabbed it.  I’ve seen the pictures on Zillow, but wanted to check it out in person, There was supposed to be an open house today, but it was cancelled for whatever reason.

I stopped by anyway and took a couple of outside photos.

I hope they re-schedule. 

20 N 78th St

Here is what it looked like back in the day.

No comments: