Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Vines & Visitors (055/365)


TIME: 5:47 pm
PLACE: Saint Josephs Cemetery, Freeburg, IL
SUBJECT: Tree with ivy vines

*~*~*

After work, HH suggested I take the Miata for a drive as it hasn't been driven in awhile and needs a run.

I drove down to Freeburg and stopped at St. Joseph's cemetery, HH has some family buried there and I wanted to see if I remembered where they were - Turns out, my memory is not as good as it used to be.

When I drove in, the sun was beginning to go down.  I was the only one there as well. That didn't bother me. I find cemeteries to be very peaceful.  Some people may be not like being in them and become uneasy, but I have never found that to be the case for me.

I was startled this evening. I heard some rustling in the grass behind me and caught some movement out of the corner of my eye - not going to lie, my heart started to beat a wee bit faster. 

Then I saw what made the sound and movement.
Deer!

There are four in this view and there was one a bit further to the left.  They took a look at me and slowly walked back into the brush.  I left soon after.

No comments: