Saturday, May 15, 2021

Diving - Day 1 (135/365)

 


TIME: 8:33 AM
PLACE: Mermet Springs, Belknap, IL
SUBJECT: View from the Deep Dock

*~*~*

Well, since I am posting this, it means I made it through the 1st day of the certification.

I had a few moments of panic during the mask flooding and purge on the 20' platform; I inhaled water and thought I was drowning, but I kept faith in the respirator, calmed myself down and completed it.

The visibility in the water was not the best - it was maybe 3 feet at the most.  The instructor said he had only seen it worse than this one other time(!).  On the bright side, he also said that if we can do this in this water, then all our other dives will be a piece of cake.  Hmmmmm.

I did get to see some bass and bluegill swimming around me. They got very close, so that was cool.

The wife of one of the people in our group was kind enough to take many photos and text them to me.  This is HH and I checking each others gear before going down to the dock.

And here I am stepping off the dock - or am I walking on water?  You didn't know I was that divine did you?

Here is HH going in as well - he hovers though.

Day 2 tomorrow!

No comments: