Monday, December 11, 2017

Beauty Queen (036/365)

20171212_133253_e2
TIME: 7:32 PM
PLACE: The rental
SUBJECT: Kitchen sink base

This enameled sink base is one of the few things I like about the rental house.

It was not very nice looking earlier this year – dirty, rusted, discolored, sticky and just plain gross.

I removed the doors and drawers, cleaned and sanded everything. Then I sprayed it all with appliance paint.  Some doors had to be painted more than once.  A bee got himself stuck on the wet paint.  He ruined the finish and his life. Stupid bee
The final product does not have a completely smooth factory finish, but I think I did pretty good for an amateur.
I polished the handles and reattached them.  The “Beauty Queen” logo, my favorite part, received a shine as well.
She looks pretty good for an old sink.

No comments: