Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Wrapper Chain (052/365)

IMG_0687_e
TIME: 2:20 PM
PLACE: Living room
SUBJECT: Gum wrapper chain

At an auction about two years ago, I discovered an immensely long (at least 5 yards) gum wrapper chain in one of the box lots.
Immediately, I was consumed with possessing that wrapper chain.  I persuaded the auction assistant to take it out as a separate item so I could bid on it without having to also take all of the other stuff  in the box.
He graciously did so. I bid $1 and braced myself for someone to bid against me. No one did.  What? Silly people, did they not know the awesomeness of this gum wrapper chain?  I won and he handed me the plastic bag.  Then bonus! I discovered a second slightly shorter chain in the bag as well. It was a Christmas miracle in July. I spread the joy and gave that one to my sister.
The one I kept is long enough to use as a garland for my special ornament tree.
It’s perfect.

No comments: