Thursday, January 25, 2018

Graduation Day (025/365)

20170125_IMG_0589_e
TIME: 10:36 AM
PLACE: Hilton Field, Fort Jackson
SUBJECT: Proud family

He did it!

20170125_IMG_501020180125_IMG_5033
It was a nice ceremony – solemn, but also short and sweet.

Afterwards, it was time to go eat again - off base this time!20180125_103152_e
We ate at the Waffle House of course.

We went back to the hotel room, so MB could put his contacts in.20180125_IMG_5063

We decided to visit the South Carolina State Museum and the South Carolina Confederate Relic Room and Military Museum.

See that observatory on top?  Dad and I became separated from the group. He was showing me an area I had missed, all about outer space.  As we passed by the observatory, the astronomer waved us in.  He was very friendly.  He answered our questions about the telescope and then directed me to a button on the wall. He told me to press it until he said “Stop”. I did and it moved the opening in the dome so the repositioned telescope could see the sun.20180125_IMG_5049
We also were able to see the image of the sun that was projected onto the computer.20180125_IMG_5050_e
Pretty cool.

When we finished visiting all 4 floors, I could tell MB was tired.  We drove around downtown Columbia for a little bit, stopped by a used book store (SD found her Animorphs books she has been searching for) and then headed back to the hotel room.

MB rested while HH and I left to pick up some sushi for supper. (One more time – FOOD!)

20170125_IMG_5068_e
I was able to take this final photo of MB with Grandpa.  It turned out pretty good I think.

Then we had to drive him back to the base and say our last goodbyes. He leave for his AIT tomorrow – 41 weeks of training.

I am definitely a very sad, but a very proud Mama.

2 comments:

Dana said...

This is just ... I know you and HH must be so proud!!

Sujomi said...

Thanks Dana, we are VERY proud...He had some medical issues which delayed his training from July to October, but he pushed past it and it all turned out okay in the end. He is a good kid and this is a good thing for him.