Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Book and a Butt (143/366)

2012 05 22 IMG_2061w
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies," said Jojen. "The man who never reads lives only one.” 

George R.R. Martin, A Dance With Dragons

TIME:  11:50 PM
PLACE:  Kitchen
SUBJECT:  The book I’m currently reading and Jack’s rear end

I’ve been reading and just noticed the time. I need to take a picture and quickly before midnight!  So here is the book I’ve been engrossed in right now - “The Heretic’s Daughter” by Kathleen Kent.  It is about a woman, Sarah Carrier Chapman, who writes her granddaughter about a time during the Salem witch trials when she was nine years old.  Sarah’s mother was accused of sorcery.  To protect her children, asked Sarah to tell the judges that, yes, her mother was a witch in the hopes that while condemning her to certain death, it would save Sarah and her brothers.  It’s a good read.

1 comment:

Julia said...

oh yes, so fast times go on when I reading, too