Sunday, September 6, 2020

The Golden Gate & a Horse's Ass (250/366)


TIME: 6:13 pm
PLACE: Legion of Honor, San Francisco
SUBJECT: Golden Gate Bridge

SUBJECT: The rear view of El Cid Campedor (1920) by Anna Hyatt Huntington

*~*~*

I am spending the next few days visiting my brother in California.

My vacation got off to a great start when we had to de-board the plane because one of the crew members wasn't feeling well.

There was a 2-hour delay while they re-sanitized the plane and found another crew member to work the flight.  I missed my connection in Denver and had to wait another 2 hours there to catch a flight to San Francisco.

I lost 4 hours of vacation - not horrible, but when you only have a short time at your destination, every hour counts. 

My brother and sister-in-law picked me up at the airport and we drove into the city to pick up some fish and fried avocado tacos. 

We were going to go to the beach and eat them. But that plan went to hell too. This was because it was a rare sunny, very hot (in the 100's) day, it was Labor Day weekend and the public parking lots were closed to discourage a crowd at the beach. So of course, EVERYONE was there.  Social distancing was not happening at all.

My brother suggested we go to the Legion of Honor and sit on the grass there instead.

That worked - we easily found a parking spot and there were not very many people.  Successful social distancing was practiced! 

We had a nice view of the rear of the horse too.

No comments: