Friday, November 20, 2020

Deoxyribonucleic Acid Results (325/366)

 



TIME: Now
PLACE: Ancestry.com
SUBJECT: DNA results

*~*~*

No photo today, but I do have my DNA results.

Would you look at that Southern Italy/Sicily percentage!  If I add in the Northern Italy estimate, the total comes to 44% Italian - For some reason this pleases me to no end. 
Grazie Dad!

And we can't forget Mom's side - look at the Eastern Europe and Russia and Germanic Europe percentages - a total of 53%!  Those crazy Czechs.  Hooray for Koláče!

Dad has a bit of German somewhere down his line.  "Tedesco" is a surname in his tree, which in Italian translates to "German", so I am fairly certain he contributed some of that Germanic DNA as well.

Hmmm, 3% Greece and Albania and a tiny amount of Northern Asia.  That's interesting.  I haven't been able to go back that far in my genealogical research to verify these, but I will take them.
 
Other good news?

Monkeyboy has his DNA on Ancestry too. They do show him as my child in the DNA Matches.

That would have been awkward if they didn't.

No comments: