Sunday, December 13, 2020

2020 Tree (348/366)

TIME: 7:25 pm
PLACE: Living room
SUBJECT: Christmas Tree

*~*~*

I REALLY am not/was not feeling the Christmas spirit this year. Besides the COVID that affects everyone, we had the loss of HH's mother; we had to make the hard decision to end Oreo's pain and say goodbye to our sweet girl; MB was deployed to Afghanistan, DQ and SD are dealing with health issues that I can't fix...the list goes on.

I didn't want to put a tree up.

I didn't see the point.

But I did it anyway.

It's not the traditional tree we usually put up, but 2020 has not been a traditional year either.

It is what we call the "Ugly Ornament Tree" - all the strange, unusual and unique ornaments we've found and obtained over the years, displayed on a "feather tree" with a gum wrapper garland.

There are a couple of other little decorations in the living room. And I did put lights on the porch. But I did not decorate anywhere close to the Christmas explosions I've had in past years.

Minimal, but meaningful.

This also means there is less to put away after the holidays - another plus!

No comments: