Friday, December 11, 2020

Unhappy Jack (346/366)


TIME: 1:24 pm
PLACE: Outside at the veterinarian
SUBJECT: Jack in the cat carrier

*~*~*

I've been noticing that Mr. Jack has not been jumping on things and when he sits or lays down, he does so very slowly - I figured he has arthritis in his joints.  That's what happens when you get to be an old man.

While I know I can't make it go away, I figured there had to be a way to lessen the pain and stiffness for him; we did this for Oreo the last few years of her life.

We went to the vet - Jack did not like the ride and yowled all the way there.  Once we parked he calmed down a bit.  They came out and got him for his exam (I can't go in).  The vet called and said his weight was fine, and overall he was healthy.  She gave me Cosequin to mix with his food twice a day.  It will take a few weeks to see if this works for my boy. I really hope this it helps him.

No comments: