Sunday, December 6, 2020

An Open House & Shelves (341/366)

 


Outside of house


Living room light


Hallway ceiling


Shell art on the open basement stair wall

Dining room light


A bathroom


Living room fireplace mantel and beams
(A note stated that the paneling is cyprus and the beams are from a church)

TIME: 1:00 pm
PLACE: West end of town
SUBJECT: Open House

*~*~*

SD and I went to an open house in the west end of town today. (Much better photos of the rooms than I could take - also, I don't know how long the link will work, - it is an auction and ends on 12/9/2020).

It is very mid-century modern and I was very smitten.
 
Who cares that all the windows were single pane glass and it probably costs and arm and a leg to heat the place?

The important thing to note, in my brother's words, is that the house is "Un-Home Depoted" - Which is kind of rare to find these days.  

In any case, for various reasons I will not go into here, there is not a chance I can even think about purchasing this house. Which made me sad.

On the drive back home, I spied an estate sale sign.  We stopped and popped in to see what remained on the 1/2 off day.

I was able to snag this shelf for only $10.00

  

It made me feel a bit better.

No comments: