Monday, April 4, 2011

White Blossoms (094/365)

2011 04 04 IMG_0549w
"Beneath these fruit-tree boughs that shed
Their snow-white blossoms on my head,
With brightest sunshine round me spread
Of spring's unclouded weather,
In this sequestered nook how sweet
To sit upon my orchard-seat!
And birds and flowers once more to greet,
My last year's friends together."

William Wordsworth, The Green Linnet, 1-8

TIME: 6:25 PM
PLACE:  Front yard
SUBJECT:  Capital pear blossoms against sky

We didn’t have much blue sky today…after 6 this evening we were treated to a quick peek before it went away.  It was a very chilly day…it started out warm, then the temps dropped to the low 40s.  Tomorrow we are promised high 50’s, then 70s on Wednesday.  I’m so looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Mari said...

What a happy picture! 70 degrees sounds wonderful. It's going to stay cool here this week; in the low 40's until next week.