Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Old Spice (327/365)

2011 11 23 _MG_7076w
“Once you get a spice in your home, you have it forever. Women never throw out spices. The Egyptians were buried with their spices. I know which one I'm taking with me when I go.”

Erma Bombeck (U.S. humorist, 1927-1996)

TIME:  8:00 PM
PLACE:  Dad’s kitchen
SUBJECT:  Spices

I made a chicken pot pie for supper.  The kids and I took it over to Dad’s house to share with him and to begin cooking for Thanksgiving tomorrow.  After we ate, I started making the stuffing.  My recipe called for poultry seasoning and I forgot to bring mine, so I asked Dad if he had any.  He didn’t, but he did have this lemon extract, nutmeg and Fruit Fresh in his pantry.  I’ll bet if you combine their ages it would turn out to be close to the number of the birthday Dad will be celebrating this coming May.  He can’t throw them out now…they’re practically vintage.

No comments: