Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Show Me Some Roadside Attractions (306/365)

2011 11 02 IMG_1239w2011 11 02 IMG_1242w"Embrace the detours."

~ Kevin Charbonneau

TIME:  9:42 & 10:37 AM
PLACE:  Cookin’ from Scratch, Doolittle, Missouri & Redmon's Candy Factory - Phillipsburg, Missouri
SUBJECT:  Giant chicken in an El Camino and Candy

So, now I can shed some light on my cyptic-ness yesterday.   I ran away left this morning with my sister and my sister-in-law to drive to Canton, Texas for the First Monday Trade Days.  It is noted as being “the largest flea market in the United States. It is the oldest, largest continually operating outdoor market in the USA, operates on hundreds of acres, and provides spaces for about 6,000 vendors.”  In other words we drove 10 hours to shop.  On our way down, we stopped at a couple of Missouri attractions.  We had to see the giant chicken in the El Camino and check out the Candy Factory.  We can do that because we have no husbands or children to slow us down.  Sweet.

1 comment:

Mari said...

What fun! I love the pictures!