Monday, April 13, 2009

Rainy Days and Mondays (103/365)

2009 04 13 IMG_3969 
"For winter's rains and ruins are over,
And all the seasons of snows and sins;
The days dividing lover and lover,
The light that loses, the night that wins;
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and
flowers begotten,
And in green underwood and cover
Blossom by blossom the spring begins."

A.C. (Algernon Charles) Swinburne (1837-1909), British poet, critic. Atalanta in Calydon, chorus, st. 4 (1865)

TIME: 7:32 PM
PLACE:  Front yard
SUBJECT: Purple Sand Cherry blossom

Today was the last day of spring break and my sanity today.  It was rainy and chilly yet again.  To top it all off, it's Monday.  I finished up taxes for my family and my neighbor from down the street; cleaned the master bedroom; did a couple of loads of laundry and several other sundry chores.  What a blah day.  The good news is, I was able to use my new-to-me tripod to take today's photo.  HandsomeHusband found the tripod at the Goodwill store last Thursday and bought it for me!  Isn't that sweet of him to think of me while he was out and about?  That's what I call a romantic gesture.  Thanks again babe...I love it!

8 comments:

Mari said...

What a guy! The photo is beautiful too!

Christina said...

Pretty blossom!

bentonflocke said...

great husband you have!!! Wonderful!
Congrats to your new tripod!

The blossoms are beautiful!

Girl Tornado said...

And what a lovely shot it is! Blah day or not, the flowers are certainly cheerful.

Sunday was our rainy blah day... by myself because hubby is in Seattle all month and mom had left on Saturday, so I was pretty darned blah on Sunday. :-\

Susan said...

How sweet of your husband. This is a beautiful picture. I like the arrangement and clarity of the image--off-centered. Lovely fragility of spring flowers.

Michelle said...

What a sweet hubby to search out a tripod for you! Beautiful shot by the way.

Sujomi said...

Mari - He is pretty great...most of the time! ;)

Christina - I never realized this bloomed until the second year after we planted it.

bentonflocke - New photo stuff is always a good thing!

Sujomi said...

Oz Girl - The only good thing about "blah" days is that they only last 24 hours!

Susan - I used the macro on my camera...sometimes I get it and sometimes I don't!

Michelle - Apparently, he DOES pay attention when I mention things. ;)