Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Dangerous Liaison (171/365)

2009 06 20 IMG_6565 
"The sexual embrace can only be compared with music and with prayer.”

Marcus Aurelius (Roman emperor, best known for his Meditations on Stoic philosophy, AD 121-180)

TIME:  10:41 PM
PLACE: The house number plaque on the front porch
SUBJECT:  Humping Ladybugs

Yet again I waited until the last minute to take a picture for today.  That was why at 10:30 this evening, I wandered around the house trying my damndest to find something interesting to photograph.  I ended up with nothing.  So, I headed for the front porch thinking I could find a bug or two to capture.  This sight greets me as I survey the bugs gathering under the porch light.  I am shocked...shocked I tell you.  The nerve, the brazenness, the wantonness, the fact that these bugs are getting it on and I am worried about trying to take a picture for my blog when I would rather be upstairs waking up HandsomeHusband for a little tête-à-tête.  I was affronted, appalled and offended.  I took many pictures.  Does anyone know of a ladybug tabloid to whom I can sell this shot?  I don't think these bugs were married and I sense a nice juicy scandal in the making. 

7 comments:

bentonflocke said...

Thank you for you tip - how you crack the blogger problems.

BTW you are everytime invited to visit me for breakfast or a cup of coffee - you are really welcome!

Great shot of the ladybugs

Christina said...

Late night ladybug action (shot)!

Unknown said...

hihi great!

Mari said...

You are too funny!

Dot O said...

Hysterical!! Your photo could actually be considered as having an X rating, don't you think??

Great capture - I should be so lucky as to capture a "little action".

SaraG said...

hahahahaha, that is a great photo...Someone should be interested in publishing that!!!

Girl Tornado said...

Ooooooh, ladybugs gettin' it on! LOL Loved your lil humorous commentary. And wonderful pic, of course!