Friday, June 26, 2009

Tree Bark (177/365)

2009 06 26 IMG_6750 
"I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself."

Edward Steichen (American photographer, painter, and art gallery and museum curator, 1879-1973)

TIME: 7:28 PM
PLACE:  Little League Fields - by the Bantam Diamond
SUBJECT:  Tree Bark

As I was busy today getting ready for the big yard sale tomorrow, I have posted a picture that I took yesterday.  The weatherman informed me that tomorrow should be the hottest day of the year - with highs in the upper 90's and heat indexes of over 100.  That is just lovely.  Boy, do I know how to pick a date for a sale or what?   Sigh.  My cousin Kathleen called me and asked if I could her and our friend Michelle for a quick drink at a local bar tonight.  You know what...I think I just might do that!

1 comment:

bentonflocke said...

How was the night in the bar?

Great shot of the tree, it´s a fantastic texture