Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Cutting It Out (356/365)

2009 12 22 IMG_3116
"Run, run, as fast as you can!
You can't catch me!
I'm the Gingerbread Man!"

The Gingerbread Man, A classic folk tale

TIME:  9:01 PM
PLACE:  Kitchen
SUBJECT:  StellaDella

Today I realized that we hadn’t baked any Christmas cookies yet.  And Christmas is only 3 days away. – yikes.  So I made up some gingerbread dough and had “help” making cookies.  I wish I had more patience when it comes to making cut-out cookies with the kids.  It frustrates me when they don’t maximize the cookie cutter placement on the rolled dough.  Then, I get annoyed with myself for being so anal about something that in the scheme of things, is truly not important.  It’s a vicious circle.  So tonight, I changed my tactic.  I cut out 3/4 of the cookies, then let SD go to town on the remainder while I cleaned up the kitchen.  This worked out well, she was happy and my frustration level was almost non-existent.  Everyone was a winner!

1 comment:

Mari said...

I was the same way about cutting out the dough. You had a great idea!