Saturday, December 26, 2009

Thanks For The Gumball Popeye! (360/365)

2009 12 26 IMG_3188 
Willy Wonka: Don't you know what this is?
Violet Beauregarde: By gum, it's gum.
Willy Wonka: [happily, but sarcastically] Wrong! It's the most amazing, fabulous, sensational gum in the whole world.
Violet Beauregarde: What's so fab about it?
Willy Wonka: This little piece of gum is a three-course dinner.
Mr. Salt: Bull.
Willy Wonka: No, roast beef. But I haven't got it quite right yet.

Stuart, Mel. Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory. Perf. Gene Wilder, Denise Nickerson and Roy Kinnear. David L. Wolper Productions. 1971. 

TIME:  2:05 PM
PLACE:  The window seat
SUBJECT:  Gumball machine

We (DramaQueen and I) did wake up at the butt crack of dawn and made the trek to the mall for some after-Christmas shopping.  We didn’t do too much damage; I picked up a couple of ornaments, some T-shirts and pillows for the living room couch.  Oh, yes and a festive gold tinsel tree to hold more thrifty ornaments.  The tree I bought at Dillard's where people were stinking nuts!  They were buying the German ornaments and nutcrackers by the boxful – to resell on eBay later I  bet’cha.  While I was there, I picked up a couple of 4lb boxes of gumballs to fill our gumball machine.  It’s been empty since early September.  Now MonkeyBoy & StellaDella are scrounging the house for nickels to put in it.

2 comments:

Mari said...

I would love to have an old gumball machine - or a replica at least.
Fun pic!

bentonflocke said...

cool gumball machine!! Wonderful childhood memory