Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tinsel Tree (349/365)

2009 12 15 IMG_2944 
And NOW! grinned the Grinch, “I will stuff up the tree!”
And the Grinch grabbed the tree, and he started to shove,
When he heard a small sound like the coo of a dove.
He turned around fast and he saw a small Who.
Little Cindy Lou Who, who was no more than two.
The Grinch had been caught by this tiny Who daugther
Who’d got out of bed for a cup of cold water.
She stared at the Grinch and said, “Santy Claus, why,
”Why are you taking our Christmas tree? WHY?”
But, you know, that old Grinch was so smart and so slick
He thought up a lie and he thought it up quick! 
“Why my sweet little tot,” the fake Santy Claus lied, 
“There's a light on this tree that won't light on one side.
“So I'm taking it home to my workshop, my dear.
“I'll fix it up there, then I'll bring it back here.” 
And his fib fooled the child. Then he patted her head
And he got her a drink and he sent her to bed.
And when Cindy Lou Who was in bed with her cup,
HE went to the chimney and stuffed the tree up!

Dr. Seuss. How The Grinch Stole Christmas! New York: Random House, 1957.

TIME:  9:22 PM
PLACE:  The living room
SUBJECT:  Deer & Tinsel Tree craft

StellaDella and I made this tree yesterday after reading “How The Grinch Stole Christmas” (our advent book for the day).  Bella Dia had posted a Book and Activity for each day of Advent back in 2007 and is revisiting it this year on The Crafty Crow website.  I had printed out all of these last year and planned a few crafts with our books this Advent.  We will be doing a few others next week when the kids are out of school.  I need to give them something to do to keep them from annoying each other!

No comments: