Sunday, December 27, 2009

Sedum And Snow (361/365)

2009 12 27 IMG_3202 
Now the hedgerow
Is blanched for an hour with transitory blossom
Of snow, a bloom more sudden
Than that of summer


T.S. (Thomas Stearns) Eliot (1888-1965), Anglo-American critic, poet. Little Gidding (Four Quartets). . . Oxford Anthology of English Literature, The, Vols. I-II. Frank Kermode and John Hollander, general eds. (1973) Oxford University Press.


TIME:  4:27 PM
PLACE:  Front yard
SUBJECT:  Sedum in snow

We received a little dusting of snow this morning.  The kids were all excited, however we didn’t have much accumulation.  This is my “Autumn Joy” sedum, that I planted late this summer in my front flower beds.  I like this sedum, it started white, then gradually turned pink and finally a lovely red color.  I especially like the dark seed heads that remain on the plant over the winter.  I think it provides a nice contrast to the white snow. 

1 comment:

bentonflocke said...

it snowed in the afternoon today, but now it´s raining...