Thursday, June 21, 2012

Forest (173/366)

2012 06 21 IMG_4529w
“It is not so much for its beauty that the forest makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air that emanation from old trees, that so wonderfully changes and renews a weary spirit.”

Robert Louis Stevenson (Scottish Essayist, Poet and Author of fiction and travel books, 1850-1894)

TIME:  5:57 PM
PLACE:  Boy Scout Camp
SUBJECT:  Woods

MB has been at Boy Scout camp this week.  Tonight was Parent Night.  HH had a ball game to coach so it was just me.  I left straight from work in  the Miata.  When I arrived I found out that earlier in the day, while MB was chopping wood, he had suffered heat exhaustion.  They cooled him down and replenish his fluids and he recovered just fine.  In fact, if they didn’t tell me about it I wouldn’t have guessed that he had issues earlier.

 2012 06 21 IMG_2236w
TIME:  7:56 PM
PLACE:  The road
SUBJECT:  View from the car

I left and enjoyed my drive home with the top down.  I head back on Saturday to pick up him and his gear – I’m going to have to use the Jeep for that, so I have to take “top-down” time while I can.

1 comment:

Julia said...

I like the picture out from the car. Good idea