Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Maple Wing (117/365)

2010 04 27 IMG_6303W 
“To see things in the seed, that is genius.”

Lao Tzu (Chinese taoist Philosopher, founder of Taoism, wrote "Tao Te Ching" (also "The Book of the Way"). 600 BC-531 BC)

TIME:  6:52 PM
PLACE:  Front porch
SUBJECT:  Maple helicopter seed

The maple tree has been shedding its seeds and the helicopters have been twirling and floating through the air.  I was examining one close up and thought that the veins in the wing predict the trees that the seed will eventually become.

3 comments:

Girl Tornado said...

WOW. What incredible detail. Isn't it funny what we miss when we no longer have to sweep it up? LOL I had TONS of these every spring... they would carpet my patio! We don't have any here in Kansas, at least where we live. So in a distorted kind of way, I guess I miss my helicopters!

This is such a fantastic photo. :-)

Hope you've been well... it seems life is so crazy busy anymore, and I sure do miss visiting everyone's blogs like I used to! :-(

Mari said...

What a great macro shot!
Our helicopters aren't floating yet.

Dana said...

Ours have succumbed to wind and have fallen while still green. I hope they still bring life!