Monday, April 5, 2010

The Trail (095/365)

2010 04 05 IMG_5683w 
“Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia.”
 
H.G. (Herbert George) Wells (1866-1946), British author. repr. In The Works of H.G. Wells, vol. 9 (1925). A Modern Utopia, ch. 2, sct. 3 (1905).

TIME:  6:42 PM
PLACE:  By the college
SUBJECT:  Bike trail

The kids were off school (final day of spring break) and by this evening I needed a break.  So I took another ride on the bike trail again this evening.  Plus, I weighed myself this morning – that was ugly – yeah, I need the exercise.  Last night I rode with my dad, but tonight I rode by myself.  I stopped to take this picture by the college where the trail ends.  It’s a pretty spot on the trail, with natural grasses and woods.  Then I rode to the end, turned around and headed home – another 9 miles in total tonight.  I hope to ride this about 3 times a week.  We’ll have to see how it goes.

4 comments:

Mari said...

Good for you! Great picture too - looks like the trail never ends.

Jennifer said...

Great shot! I love the winding path. Good luck with the exercise. I got back into the exercise routine last year after many years of doing nothing and have come to love it. Enjoy!

SaraG said...

Beautiful photo. I love winding roads!! You captures this one beautifully!!

Dana said...

I need to get my bike out of storage. Although we don't have any bike trails in Podunk, we do have some gorgeous country roads.

Great shot!