Monday, April 5, 2010

The Trail (095/365)

2010 04 05 IMG_5683w 
“Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia.”
 
H.G. (Herbert George) Wells (1866-1946), British author. repr. In The Works of H.G. Wells, vol. 9 (1925). A Modern Utopia, ch. 2, sct. 3 (1905).

TIME:  6:42 PM
PLACE:  By the college
SUBJECT:  Bike trail

The kids were off school (final day of spring break) and by this evening I needed a break.  So I took another ride on the bike trail again this evening.  Plus, I weighed myself this morning – that was ugly – yeah, I need the exercise.  Last night I rode with my dad, but tonight I rode by myself.  I stopped to take this picture by the college where the trail ends.  It’s a pretty spot on the trail, with natural grasses and woods.  Then I rode to the end, turned around and headed home – another 9 miles in total tonight.  I hope to ride this about 3 times a week.  We’ll have to see how it goes.

4 comments:

Mari said...

Good for you! Great picture too - looks like the trail never ends.

Jennifer said...

Great shot! I love the winding path. Good luck with the exercise. I got back into the exercise routine last year after many years of doing nothing and have come to love it. Enjoy!

SaraG said...

Beautiful photo. I love winding roads!! You captures this one beautifully!!

Monica said...

I need to get my bike out of storage. Although we don't have any bike trails in Podunk, we do have some gorgeous country roads.

Great shot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...