Thursday, April 22, 2010

Green Paint (112/365)

2010 04 22 IMG_6226w
There was an old, old house renewed with paint,
And in it a piano loudly playing.”
 
Robert Frost (1874-1963), U.S. poet. "The Investment."

TIME:  8:00 PM
PLACE:  DramaQueen’s bedroom
SUBJECT:  “Sweet Midori” interior latex paint (& Tessa the cat in the background)

Before we moved into our house 10 years ago, I painted the kid’s bedrooms.  MonkeyBoy’s was painted a light blue color and DQ’s a dark pink.  Now she wants it painted a different color.  Pink is so passé – she’s almost a teenager you know and needs a less “babyish” color.  This lime green is what she chose.  The dark brown badly varnished woodwork is receiving a coat of creamy white paint.  Her room is shaped like a “L” so there are 6 walls to paint.  I have 2 more to do; the front wall which has a window and window seat to paint and will take a bit of time due to all that woodwork; and the long side wall, which after I do the cutting in, should be an easy roll.  I am very pleased with how well this paint is covering the pink, it’s only taking two coats.  It is amazing what a fresh coat of paint can do for a room.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I love this shade of green!

Mari said...

I love this picture, and the color too. My sister was just telling my her 12 year old wants to paint her room this color too. It's the in thing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...