Sunday, April 11, 2010

Dandelions (101/365)

IMG_5796 copyw
“It gives one a sudden start in going down a barren, stony street, to see upon a narrow strip of grass, just within the iron fence, the radiant dandelion, shining in the grass, like a spark dropped from the sun.”

Henry Ward Beecher (American, Congregationalist clergyman, social reformer, abolitionist, and speaker in the mid to late 19th century. 1813–1887)


TIME:  5:59 PM
PLACE:  Bike trail
SUBJECT:  Dandelions

DramaQueen rode the bike trail with me and Grandpa tonight.  I must say, she was a trooper and rode the entire 9 miles without complaining, even when I made everyone stop so I could take a photo of the dandelions that have gone to seed.  MonkeyBoy wants to come riding with us next.

3 comments:

Mari said...

I love this in Sepia!

Michelle said...

What a great edit on this shot.

bentonflocke said...

I love your sepia dandelion shot - what texture did you use!?