Monday, January 25, 2021

Always Open The Junk Mail (025/365)


TIME: 10:25 pm
PLACE: Kitchen
SUBJECT: Today's junk mail

*~*~*

I spent most of the evening gong through paperwork.  These were papers I shoved into cardboard boxes in an attempt to clear off my desk.  My intent was to circle back and go through them later.

That never happened in 2020.

I finally got to it. I sorted everything in the boxes in folders by month.  Then I went through the papers for the 1st quarter of 2020, scanning items when needed, shredding it all and wondering how we spent so much dang money. 1/4 of the way done!

It was after 10 when I finished.  I walked into the kitchen and noticed today's mail on the table, which wasn't much.  A Costco ad, a water bill, a credit card offer and a large 8x11 envelope from NYU.  I shredded the credit card offer without opening it. Since I was on a shredding streak, I attempted to to the same with the large NYU envelope.  It was too big to fit in the shredder slot.  I decided to open it to see if it really needed to be shredded. 

There were 2-$1.00 bills attached to the single sheet of paper in the envelope.  
Good thing I didn't shred it.

Apparently they were included to entice me to complete an online survey; not sure if I am going to do that....maybe.

I did learn a valuable lesson - always open the junk mail.  There could be money involved.



 

No comments: