Friday, January 22, 2021

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (022/365)



 


TIME: 6:05 PM
PLACE: Living room
SUBJECT: Record player


SUBJECT: What was playing

*~*~*

Funny story - when we were planning our wedding back in 1995, the DJ wanted to know the song we were going have for the 1st dance. The problem? There wasn't a song that we considered "our song"

At that time, when I cared about his opinion (<--- that is a joke BTW), I asked HH if he had any ideas regarding this.  

His suggestion? 

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, the long version.

My answer went something like this - "Ummm. No."

I consider this my only bridezilla moment.  

I didn't mind if it was played at the reception, but as the freaking 1st dance?...was he nuts?  

I completely disregard his suggestion and made an executive decision.  Elvis' "Can't Help Falling in Love" was chosen and danced to.

Fast forward 25+ years...I'm browsing a local online auction. One of the lots was this album.  I made sure I won.

Tonight, we are enjoying the long version while making supper.  We might even dance to it later.

What a good wife I am.

No comments: