Thursday, January 28, 2021

Lunch Choices (028/365)


TIME: 2:08 pm
PLACE: Work cafeteria
SUBJECT: Open shelf vending items

*~*~*

Went into the office today so I could print and mail 1099-MISCs and 1099-NECs for certain payments made to our vendors.

The 1099-NECs are new forms.  The IRS decided that payments made to independent contractors needed their own form.  Why?  It's supposed to "streamline income reporting and differentiate it from Form 1099-MISC" - That's according to TurboTax.  I beg to differ on their choice of the word "streamlining" - I look at it as adding more complications and making life in the month of January for anyone who works in accounting, an even more living hell than it already is.

Enough shop talk - The more important/disappointing thing about today was I forgot to bring something to eat for lunch.  I ended up purchasing a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos and a Twix bar from this selection in the lunch room.  

I had nothing to do with the shelf being all wonky.  It was like that when I got there.

2 comments:

Dana said...

YES to the "You call this streamlining?"

Sujomi said...

I know!!!