Monday, February 15, 2010

Key Chain (046/365)

2010 02 15 IMG_4420w 
“... a key,
a very large key,
that opens something
some useful door
somewhere
up there.”

Anne Sexton (1928-1974), U.S. poet. "Riding the Elevator into the Sky."


TIME:  7:35 PM
PLACE:  Kitchen
SUBJECT:  Brass safety pin & keys

This is my key chain, a vintage large brass safety pin.  My mom had a number of these and she gave this one to me many years ago.  She said that her family used them on horse blankets.  Mom always used hers as a key chain and so do I.  I just attach it to my purse handle.  I love it because I never have to dig in the depths of my purse for my keys - very handy!  The keys I currently keep on it are as follows:  the Jeep key, the Miata key, a key for some property we own, my office key, my house key and finally, a key to open the overhead garage door.

2 comments:

Mari said...

Very cool! It's handy and it has a great history!

Michelle said...

What a neat story. I come in through my garage so I don't even carry house keys, just the car key on the automatic door opener thingy.