Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Dried Cedar (047/365)

2010 02 16 IMG_4439W 
“One must have a mind of winter
To regard the frost and the boughs
Of the pine-trees crusted with snow;”

Wallace Stevens (1879-1955), U.S. poet. The Snow Man (l. 1-3). . . Collected Poems [Stevie Smith]. James MacGibbon, ed. (1976) New Directions.

TIME:  4:38 PM
PLACE:  Backyard
SUBJECT:  Dried cedar bough in snow

All the kids went to school today and HandsomeHusband went to work.  And it was my day “off” work.  I ran errands in the morning, sorted the never-ending laundry pile in the basement (which is freezing cold BTW!) and washed and dried a couple of loads.  I laid down this afternoon as I’m not feeling all that great – my throat is starting to feel sore and I did not sleep well last night.  Before I knew it, it was 3 o’clock, and the troops were home.  DramaQueen has a basketball game tonight at 5pm, but I’m not going.  With me not feeling well and StellaDella still having the “mucus” as she says, I think it’s better that she and I stay home.  HH, DQ and MonkeyBoy all left and not 5 minutes after they walked out the door, of course, the dog needed to go out.  So I figured, while I was out with her, it would be nice to take a picture as we had the sun shining today.  Two seconds after I took this shot, the dog came running over and decimated the scene.

No comments: