Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Valentine’s Snow (045/365)

2010 02 14 IMG_4397w 
“Brew me a cup for a winter's night.
For the wind howls loud and the furies fight;
Spice it with love and stir it with care,
And I'll toast our bright eyes,
my sweetheart fair.”

Minna Thomas Antrim, “A Night Cap.” A Book of Toasts. Philadelphia, 1902.

TIME:  8:26 PM
PLACE:  Back yard
SUBJECT:  The “wonky” Sunset Maple Tree

Happy Valentine’s Day to all!  There wasn’t a huge celebration at our house.  The kids got some chocolate kisses and Hershey bars.  HandsomeHusband gave me a box of chocolate covered strawberries from Merb’s Candies in St. Louis, which are always appreciated by me.  I gave HH a book of 52 reasons why I love him that I made out of a deck of cards (I brazenly stole the idea from the Dollar Store Crafts site).  In other news, I took Oreo to the groomers today – she was especially stinky and now she is smelling better.  DramaQueen’s friend, Lola, is spending the night.  And it is snowing again…we are under a winter weather advisory with up to 5 inches of snow expected to accumulate.  I guess it is a good thing that the kids are already off tomorrow for President’s Day.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I like this snowy nighttime shot!

Mari said...

Great shot! And you managed to capture it at night. I'm impressed!