Monday, July 18, 2011

My Reward (199/365)

2011 07 18 _MG_3560w
“The reward of a thing well done is to have done it.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson (American Poet, Lecturer and Essayist, 1803-1882)

TIME:  7:48 PM
PLACE:  Kitchen
SUJECT:  Last of the Baileys in a juice jar

Even though I should, I don’t clean out the refrigerator on a regular basis.  It’s not on my list of priorities – I usually wait until it gets really icky.  Tonight, it got to that point.  I threw out a lot of stuff, removed and washed the shelves and now it is beautiful and clean once again.  I even found this bottle of Baileys shoved way in the back.  It had just enough left to fill up an old jelly juice glass.  What a nice little reward for me.  As I drank it, I vowed to do better by my hardworking kitchen appliance.  But, more than likely?  Not gonna happen.

No comments: