Monday, July 23, 2012

Almost Gone (205/366)

2012 07 23 IMG_5528w
“This brand of soap has the same smell as once in the big House he visited when he was eight:”

Louis MacNeice (1907-1963), Anglo-Irish poet. Soap Suds (l. 1-2). . . New Oxford Book of Irish Verse, The. Thomas Kinsella, ed. and tr. (1986) Oxford University Press.

TIME:  10:07 PM
PLACE:  Home
SUBJECT:  Shower gel

I was first introduced to this shower gel back in October of 1998.  HH, DramaQueen (who turned one year old while we were overseas) and I visited my old college roommate, Betty and her husband, at their home in London, UK.  This stuff smells awesome.  I brought home a number of bottles with me when we returned to the States.  In 2006, Betty was in California for the summer and I flew out to see her.  She knew how much I loved this stuff and presented me with 10 containers of it.  I’ve used it sparingly over the years.  This is all that I have left.  I could order it over the internet, but the shipping costs are atrocious.  I can buy the product for $3.02 and pay $10.86 to ship it.  Not!  One day I’m going to say “to heck with it” and buy it anyway.

No comments: