Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Me and Kat: 1990 (213/366)

2012 07 31 IMG_0001dw
“What a crazy pair!

But they're cousins,
Identical cousins all the way.
One pair of matching bookends,
Different as night and day.”

The Patty Duke Show, Sitcom, 1963-1966

TIME:  Evening, 1990
PLACE:  Hotel/Motel/Holiday Inn in Memphis, TN
SUBJECT:  Me and my cousin

Today is my cousin’s 45th birthday – we are the same age.  She and I grew up together and are best friends as well as relatives.  Around this time, waaaay back in 1990, we took a road trip together to Tennessee.  We went to Opry Land, the Grand Ole Opry and finished it off in Memphis.  This picture was taken before we headed out to Beale Street.  Can we be any closer?  Can our hair be any bigger?  I see that I am wearing her earrings and jacket, while she has on mine.  The next day, we went to Graceland.  I wish we could do this again.  Happy Birthday cuz!

No comments: