Sunday, October 25, 2009

Bullseye (298/365)

2009 10 25 IMG_1565
“The odds of hitting your target go up dramatically when you aim at it.”

Mal Pancoast, author

TIME:  6:23 PM
PLACE:  The kitchen
SUBJECT:  Shotgun shells & target

HandsomeHusband took MonkeyBoy to a turkey shoot early this afternoon.  On the first round, MB’s shots hit closest to the target and he won $50!  Good shooting buddy! 

I told MB about the time HH took me to a turkey shoot.  It was when we had first started to date.  The shoot was outside at a nearby VFW Hall.  I remember HH shot first, then it was my turn.  I had never fired a shotgun before and was a little nervous.  HH showed me how to hold the shotgun and how to sight the target.  I could hear the guys behind us making jokes about my shooting ability.  I shut them up, right quick.  I won that round and a 20lb ham.  They then turned to HH and started on him…and how his girlfriend outshot him that day.  

2 comments:

Mari said...

Congrats to MB! I bet he was thrilled!

bentonflocke said...

congratulations to MB!! Sounds great and interresting!!