Friday, October 30, 2009

Monet Tree (303/365)

2009 10 30 IMG_1653 
No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace
As I have seen in one autumnal face.

John Donne (
English, Jacobean poet, preacher, and metaphysical poet, 1572–1631)

TIME:  5:59 PM
PLACE:  S. 13th Street
SUBJECT:  Fall Tree

As I was dropping DQ off at her BFF’s house and taking SD to a birthday party, DQ and I noticed that a strange phenomenon.  The sun was setting – which was unusual in and of itself, we haven’t seen the sun for many a day this past week – and lighting up only the top halves of the trees.  The leaves were glowing and It was a beautiful sight.  I hope to see the sun again tomorrow…I’ve missed it so.

3 comments:

Dot O said...

Beautiful colors!! You mentioned hoping to print your photos again. Do you have your printer calibrated to your monitor/pc? Just curious as I will hopefully be purchasing something to do just this. As of now, if I try to print anything the colors come nowhere near what they look like on my monitor. A friend recommended Spyder 3 which has a pretty hefty price tag.

I love this photo. Just wonderful colors. Just imagine printing, matting, framing and hanging this!!!

Mari said...

What a beautiful Fall shot! I can see the light bouncing off those leaves!

bentonflocke said...

wow what a breath taking colour!! fantastic shot!!