Monday, October 12, 2009

A View From The Rear (285/365)

2009 10 12 IMG_1257
"If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer." 

Alfred North Whitehead (British Mathematician and Philosopher, 1861-1947)

TIME:  9:00 PM
PLACE:  My lap
SUBJECT:  Jack

When the lamp is on at my desk, Jack usually likes to nap under its warmth.  But if I am sitting there, he will sometimes lay on the top of one of my upper thighs, with his rear towards me, his head at my knee and his back claws extended into my leg for balance.  Now that it is getting cooler, he will lay like that often.  When he does, this is the view I have of him.

2 comments:

Mari said...

So true! Our cat doesn't ever come on my lap in the summer, but when it's cold, he likes me more!

bentonflocke said...

what a beautiful place to rest!!