Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sunglasses At Night (280/365)

 2009 10 07 IMG_0825
“Now go out and get yourself some big black frames
With the glass so dark they won’t even know your name
And the choice is up to you ‘cause they come in two classes:
Rhinestone shades or cheap sunglasses
Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah”


Frank Beard, Joe Hill, William Gibbons. “Cheap Sunglasses.” ZZ Top. Degüello/El Loco. Warner Bros. 1983.

TIME:  8:55 PM
PLACE:  The kitchen
SUBJECT:  Me and my sunglasses

I purchased a pair of sunglasses in July of 2007 from my optometrist.  The cheap pairs I had been buying were breaking after a month or so.  The glasses I chose were pricey – over $140 - but I liked them, so I bit the bullet and spent the money.  And until about a week and a half ago, they had served me quite well.  I had just got into the car and was fishing around for my shades in my purse.  That’s when I found out that they had broken in half right at the nose piece.  Ugh.  So the next day, I decided to stop by the eye doctor’s office and see if by any chance, they could fix them (I briefly considered black electrical tape, but quickly dismissed that idea).  The doctor’s assistant called the manufacturer and the manufacturer said that they could do better than fix them, they would replace them…NO CHARGE!  Oh, I did a happy dance!  That was on Friday, September 25th.  Today I picked up the new pair.  Once again, I can venture into the sunlight without squinting.  Life is good.

No comments: