Sunday, December 5, 2010

Jerky (339/365)

2010 12 05 IMG_0447w
Dale Doback: Dad, we're men. That means a few things - we like to s*** with the door open, we talk about <redacted>, we go on riverboat gambling trips, and we make our own beef jerky. That's what we do, and now that is all wrecked.

Reilly, John C., perf. Step Brothers. Dir. Adam McKay. 2008. Columbia Pictures.

TIME:  6:21 PM
PLACE:  Kitchen
SUBJECT:  Beef jerky in the dehydrator

HandsomeHusband helped out a friend on Saturday and they gave him a gift card to Sears.  He sent me to the mall last night with the gift card and a mission – to buy a food dehydrator.  I’m not one to turn down a shopping trip (especially one with free money!), so I gladly did as he asked.  He thinly sliced a round steak this morning, marinated it for a few hours and placed it in the dehydrator.  It still needs a couple more hours of drying time.  MonkeyBoy is just salivating with anticipation.  I think we are going to have place the jerky under lock and key, otherwise MB will eat it all tonight.

3 comments:

Mari said...

I bet your family is going to enjoy this purchase!

PateInduced said...

Been lurking ... for, maybe, 200 days. We did the jerky thing with a smoker. Had to keep Mom away the first time.

Have to ask: This close to the end, do you plan to continue daily pictures?

I just see me carrying a camera and never turning it on. The Project is such a great idea, and a way to focus on life. Want to do it.

Sujomi said...

Mari - I think we will too!

PateInduced - Thanks for "delurking". I DO plan on continuing in 2011. This is my second year and I still enjoy the process. After so many pictures, I've found it's now second nature to have my camera with me at all times...I feel naked without it!