Saturday, December 18, 2010

Canned Tomatoes (352/365)

2010 12 18 IMG_6431w
“The path of civilization is paved with tin cans.”

Elbert Hubbard (American editor, publisher and writer, 1856-1915)

TIME:  9:20 AM
PLACE:  Viviano & Sons, Inc., St. Louis, MO
SUBJECT:  Marconi canned tomatoes

This morning was our annual “Italian Run” for the holidays.  We met up with Dad, Great Aunt Marie, my sister, my brother and his family and my niece’s friend and his family at Viviano & Son’s in St. Louis.  Then we bought fresh salami at Volpi’s and finally made the trek to our cousin’s bakery (Rosciglione's) in St. Charles for Italian cookies.  The best part of this tradition?  Eating lunch when we return home – fresh baked bread with Filzetti salami, some caccicavallo cheese and a sprinkling of olive oil with cookies for dessert.  Later tonight, I think I’m opening the bottle of Riesling we bought.  The kids are driving me to drink.

1 comment:

bentonflocke said...

buon giorno! like italian food - it´s so delicious