Friday, December 31, 2010

Tornado Watch (365/365)

2010 12 31 IMG_6949W
“In some places it's known as a tornado. In others, a cyclone. And in still others, the Idiot's Merry-go-round. But around here they'll always be known as screw-boys.”

Jack Handy (American Writer and cast member of Saturday Night Live from 1991-2003. Famous for his Deep Thoughts comedy sketches.)

TIME:  12:21 PM
PLACE:  Looking west
SUBJECT:  Sky

As I was taking down the Christmas tree, the tornado sirens went off.  That, of course, made DramaQueen go into hysterics.  Then, when I went outside to continue with the de-Christmasing of the porch trees, lights and garland and to watch the skies, it threw her into a tizzy.  “Come inside!!!! Come INSIDE Mom!!!  Oh my god…is there going to be a tornado? Are we going to be ok!?!  Mom! Come! In! Side!”  So I went inside, got my camera and went back out.  MonkeyBoy came with me.  He thought the weather was pretty neat.  I took another couple of shots, we started up the porch steps and all of a sudden, a wave of wind and rain hit.  It was like someone turned on a switch.  We barely missed getting soaked.  MB was impressed.  DQ was hysterical.  We all survived.

2 comments:

Mari said...

That's a nasty looking sky. Glad you are ok!

bentonflocke said...

glad you all survived! LOL... not funny with a hysterical DQ... anyway wonderful sky shot