Sunday, September 4, 2011

Jesus Of The Lamp (247/365)

2011 09 04 _MG_4366w
“I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sitting on the dashboard of my car”

”Plastic Jesus”, Paul Newman perf., Cool Hand Luke, 1967

TIME:  9:40 PM
PLACE:  My desk
SUBJECT:  Plastic magnetic Sacred Heart Jesus and a dime

I can’t remember where or when I bought this…I know I why I bought it though.  I bought it because it had the magnet base and it reminded of way back when - when automobile dashboards were metal and you could place these small magnetic religious statues on them.  Remember?  St. Christopher was also very popular…if my Catholic school memory serves me correctly, St. Christopher was the patron saint of travel, so that would make sense.  I wish I had a metal place in my car so I could put my Sacred Heat Jesus there now.  Stupid modern plastic cars.

1 comment: