Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Family (253/365)

2011 09 10 IMG_0772w
“What greater thing is there for…human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to strengthen each other in all labor, to rest on each other in all sorrow, to minister to each other in all pain, to be one with each other in silent, unspeakable memories.”

George Eliot (English Victorian Novelist. Pseudonym of Mary Ann Evans, 1819-1880)

TIME:  9:23 AM
PLACE:  The Hill, St. Louis, MO
SUBJECT:  Building detail

My dad picked me and DramaQueen up at 8am this morning to go to the Hill for cheese, salami and bread.  This building is across the street and east of J. Viviano & Sons on Shaw Ave, where we stopped.  There is a sign for Di Gregorio’s Market (5200 Daggett Ave.) on the front of the building, but I don’t know if they own the it or not.  In any case, I like this detail on its front.  I’ve been working on my genealogy again, and this sign is very apropos right now.

No comments: