Saturday, September 3, 2011

Krack (246/365)

2011 09 03 IMG_0733w
“If God dropped acid, would he see people?” 

Steven Wright (American comedian, actor and writer. b1955)

TIME:  4:35 PM
PLACE:  Kitchen
SUBJECT:  Krack

We were invited to my cousin’s for dinner this evening.  I was told I didn’t need to bring anything, but I don’t like going empty-handed.  So I decided to bring this – it’s called “Krack” because it’s so addicting.  If you would like to try it, here is the recipe to make your own Krack:

1 large bag of corn puffs
1/2 cup of butter (1 stick)
1/3 cup of dark corn syrup
1 cup of dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon of salt.

Melt butter, sugar, salt and corn syrup in a sauce pan over medium heat.  Bring to a boil.  Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Place corn puffs in large bowl. Pour mixture over corn puffs and stir to coat.
Spread coated puffs on a cookie sheet in a single layer.  Bake at 275 degrees for 25 minutes.  Stir and bake an additional 25 minutes.

Let cool and eat.

2 comments:

bentonflocke said...

thanks for that yummy recipe!!!

Mari said...

I've made this - it really is addicting!