Sunday, December 11, 2011

Cleared Corn & Winter Wheat (345/365)

2011 12 11 IMG_7510aw
Odysseus: If they ever tell my story let them say that I walked with giants. Men rise and fall like the winter wheat, but these names will never die.

Sean Bean, perf. Troy. Dir. Wolfgang Petersen. 2004. Warner Brothers.

TIME:  4:12 PM
PLACE:  Outside of Sparta, IL
SUBJECT:  Fields

HH and I were invited to a Christmas party at the home of one of his co-worker and his wife this afternoon.  Their house was amazing.  She had placed a Christmas tree in nearly every room, all beautifully decorated.  My favorite was the picture tree she had in the utility room.  It was hung with small framed old family photos.  As a dabbling genealogist, I thought that was the cleverest thing.  Now, they like to hunt and had many taxidermied trophies throughout their home as well.  There were 5 deer and 3 antelope heads in their living room alone.  I know, I know - it sounds like a lot, but the way they were arranged in the room was perfect and it all looked natural and tasteful. ~*~*~  The picture above is the view as we drove out of the driveway to the road.  So pretty.  I need a home in the country.

No comments: