Thursday, July 1, 2010

Catch Of The Day (182/365)

 2010 07 01 IMG_8188w
“everything
was rainbow, rainbow, rainbow!
And I let the fish go.”
 
Elizabeth Bishop (1911-1979), U.S. poet. The Fish (l. 74-76). . . The Complete Poems, 1927-1979 [Elizabeth Bishop]. (1983) Farrar, Straus and Giroux.

TIME:  8:40 PM
PLACE:  S. 11th Street
SUBJECT:  Large mouth bass

MonkeyBoy’s baseball team had a team party this evening hosted by one of the boy’s parents at their house.  They had a trampoline, a pool and a lake for the boys and their siblings to jump on, swim in and fish.  StellaDella took advantage of all three.  I helped her fish and even did a little fishing myself.  We tight lined, using a rubber worm on a hook and a small weight.  After about 15 minutes of casting, I ended up hooking this bass.  SD was originally holding it by the pole for a photo, but it broke the line and I had to scrambled to grab him before he flopped off the dock.  After re-catching him, I quickly held him out with my left hand and snapped the photo with my right; then SD helped me release him back into the lake.

2 comments:

Mari said...

I'm impressed that you held the fish while getting the shot. Nice job!

bentonflocke said...

cool way to take a picture!