Thursday, July 29, 2010

Wormy (210/365)

2010 07 29 IMG_2083w
“June 15:  My older sister thinks she’s so pretty.  I told her that no matter how much time she spends looking in the mirror, her face will always look just like her rear end.
Spider thought that was really funny.
Mom did not.”

Cronin, Doreen. *Diary Of A Worm*. New York: Scholastic Inc., 2004.
 

TIME:  6:21 PM
PLACE:  Backyard
SUBJECT:  Worm

The swimming pool is officially kaput.  It had developed an air leak in the upper ring about a month ago and the last time we filled it, it also started to leak water.  Try as HandsomeHusband and I might, we couldn’t find exactly where either leak was located.  So, the pool made its acquaintance with the trash container this evening.  When I pulled up the tarp covering the ground underneath the pool, I spied an extremely long worm.  I quickly ran inside to get StellaDella, who I knew would appreciate the length of this non-arthropod invertebrate.  She did.

No comments: