Monday, September 13, 2010

Dog Day Afternoon (256/365)

2010 09 13 IMG_3427w 
Stewie: Now, I'm going to do something I like to call the 'Compliment Sandwich" Where I say something good, talk about where you need improvement, and then end with something good.
Brian: Whatever you gotta do...
Stewie:
(flips notepad) Something good... something good... You look like SNOOPY and it makes me smile... but you have smelly dog farts.

*Family Guy*. Perf. Seth MacFarlane. 20th Century Fox Television.

TIME:  4:17 PM
PLACE:  Front porch
SUBJECT:  Oreo being brushed by MB

Well, some sort of karma came and bit me in the butt for going on about the stinky dog in the cemetery yesterday.  I arrived home from work about 2:15pm and noticed an odd smell in the house.  I let Oreo out of the kennel and took her outside, but she really didn’t do much of anything.  We came back in, walked up to the school to get the kids and walked back home.  MB entered the house and said he smelled dog poop.  He investigated and sure enough, Oreo had a smelly accident in her kennel (why I didn’t notice it when letting her out is beyond me).  I do know why it happened - *someone* had devoured a bowl of macaroni and cheese that had been left on the kitchen table yesterday and it made that certain *someone* have intestinal issues today.  HH helped me take the kennel outside to hose it down and clean around the kennel area.  Then, MB and SD helped me give Miss Stinkpot a bath.  After she was washed, rinsed and towel dried, I tethered her to the front porch and MB brushed her.  Both the house and the dog smell much better now.

2 comments:

bentonflocke said...

did he like the brushing?
Cute shot

Mari said...

Oh no! Glad that it's all cleaned up!